Standard Terms & Conditions
Unless previously agreed otherwise, our services and all candidate introductions are made in accordance with our standard terms and conditions which are available for your review and download below.
|UK & Europe||Permanent & Fixed Term Placement||Download Here|
|UK & Europe||Temporary & Contract Staffing||Download Here|
|US & Canada||Permanent & Fixed Term Placement||Download Here|
|US & Canada||Temporary & Contract Staffing||Download Here|
Terms of Website Use
Information About Us
The site(s) are operated by Human Capital Ventures Group of Companies, representing:
Human Capital Ventures Limited whose place of business is Challenge House, Sherwood Drive, Milton Keynes, MK9 2UB (Registered in England and Wales No 8722640)
Human Capital Ventures Limited operates as both an employment business and an employment agency and is subject to the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Human Capital Ventures Limited is also a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (Membership Number 00085886) and a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number ZA027281)
Human Capital Ventures Incorporated whose place of business 900 Wilshire Drive, Suite 202 Troy, Michigan, 48084 is (Registered in the State of Michigan, USA No 05890Y)
Human Capital Ventures Incorporated operates as a Recruitment and Staffing Business and is a corporate member of the American Staffing Association.
Accessing Our Site(s)
Access to our site(s) is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site(s) without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site(s) is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site(s), or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site(s). You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site(s) through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site(s), and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site(s) for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our site(s).
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site(s) must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site(s) for commercial purposes without obtaining permission to do so first.
The logos and/or designs used on this website are registered trademarks belonging to us or our parent, subsidiary or associated companies and you do not have the right to use such trademarks without our express permission.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site(s) are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site(s), or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Site(s) Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site(s) regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site(s), or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site(s) may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site(s) is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site(s) or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site(s), any website(s) linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information About You and Your Visits to Our Site(s)
Transactions Concluded Through Our Site(s)
Contracts for the supply of services formed through our site(s) or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our standard terms and conditions of business unless agreed otherwise in writing by a director of the relevant Human Capital Ventures company.
Uploading Material to Our Site(s)
We will use your information and the subsequent information we collect about you, to create a database. This database and the information it contains will be used by the Human Capital Ventures Group of companies and their clients for the purpose of assessing your suitability, qualifications, and skills not only for current work assignments but also for work assignments which we think may be of interest to you in the future.
We may also use your information (or give your information to other companies to use) to keep you informed by email, telephone and/or mail about future work opportunities, industry updates and additional products and services which we consider may be of interest to you and to conduct research and compile reports.
By responding to our subsequent enquires you are deemed to consent to us processing personal data about you where necessary for the above purposes, including the processing of any sensitive personal data about you.
If you do not want to receive any information from either us or third parties, tell us when you next contact us or email [email protected].
If you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold about you, write to The Data Protection Officer at your local office. Details of which can be found on the contact us page of our website.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our site(s) by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unlawful access to our site(s), the server on which our site(s) is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site(s). You must not attack our site(s) via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site(s) will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site(s) or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unpermitted advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you submit and or contribute to our site, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Linking to Our Site(s)
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site(s) must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site(s) other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site(s) other than that set out above, please address your request to 755 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 2020, Troy, Michigan, Troy, Michigan.
Links from Our Site(s)
Where our site(s) contains links to other site(s) and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those site(s) or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site(s), please contact the Legal Counsel Representative at your local office. Details of which can be found on the contact us page of our website.