Senior Compliance Consultant
- Banking & Financial Services
- £40000.00 - £55000.00
- JN -122018-947
- Central London, London - Inner, UK
- Car Allowance + Bonus + Healthcare + More!
Job DescriptionOur Client is a Global Leader of Professional Services with over 65,000 employees spanning 500 Office Locations globally with annual revenues in excess of $15 billion.
Due to recent business acquisitions and continued growth across the group, our Client is looking to grow out their Compliance Department, responsible for the promoting best practice and driving compliance excellence across the business, ensuring complete adherence to FCA guidelines and handbook.
- To develop and implement an annual programme of health check visits and regulatory compliance support to small/medium sized network member/partner brokers through engagement with the businesses, developing and agreeing the audit scope and the detailed fieldwork plans.
- To execute the health check programme assessing adherence to the regulatory requirements being tested within the scope of the review.
- To identify issues for consideration in reporting and to flag potentially serious issues to line manager as they emerge.
- To report on each health check and regulatory support visits by drafting reports, and agreeing compliance action plans to address all identified issues and target dates for completion
- To monitor the progress of compliance action plans resulting from the health checks, updating the action plan, and escalating to line manager and senior management team those network members/partner brokers who fail to deal with the issues identified appropriately.
- To liaise with line manager and compliance team, where required, to review the action plans and consider alternative approaches to addressing the control gaps.
- To maintain and develop and maintain a strong understanding of key business and regulatory activities and risks, and to ensure on-going familiarity with the key themes of the FCA and the emerging regulatory risk landscape
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Good stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of the general insurance business environment
- General insurance broking experience desirable
- Horizon scanning to anticipate legislative and regulatory changes
- Experience in an audit, control or consultancy role
- Experience in dealing with parties external to the Network
- Excellent FCA rules and general insurance regulation knowledge
- Experience of working with new start up general insurance businesses
- Experience of providing regulatory compliance oversight to the acquisition process
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Benefits: Car Allowance + Bonus Scheme, Healthcare, Pension, 26 days’ annual leave
Location: Central London, UK (requirement for travel throughout Greater London)