Lead Penetration Tester (CREST/CHECK)
- Information Technology
- £70000.00 - £90000.00
- JN -122018-946
- London, London - Inner, UK
Our Client is a globally recognised leader in cyber security solutions and a Tier-1 government defence contractor, with a rapidly growing international security testing practice they provide a range of penetration testing services as part of a wider service portfolio.
Human Capital Ventures is proud to act as their preferred partner in the recruitment of a highly skilled Lead Penetration Tester to deliver bespoke penetration testing services (application & network) across a range of public and private sector clients, as well as being the service provider of choice for most central government agencies and departments.
As Lead Penetration Tester, you will be working on client projects within a highly skilled team tasked with solving the most complex security problems. You will have the necessary expertise to support our Clients in identifying, understanding and mitigating the threats and challenges presented by the increasing importance of the cyberspace domain and will be expected to:
• Work closely with the Penetration Testing Team Manager, identifying and resolving issues affecting the team (acting as a deputy where required)
• Respond to client requests, anticipate client problems, facilitate workshops and deliver solutions using innovative approaches when applicable.
• Deliver high quality work to meet client expectations and project deadlines.
• Share knowledge with junior colleagues and assist team members with their objectives.
• Respond to, and resolve, technical issues.
• Previous experience in a Penetration Tester position.
• An in-depth knowledge of performing Network and/or Web Application Penetration Testing.
• An innovative and analytical approach to performing penetration testing, particularly of novel devices and environments.
• Excellent technical presentation and reporting skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate the impact and importance of detailed technical information to a non-technical audience.
• The ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise work appropriately.
• Self-motivated and able to motivate others to keep morale and performance high.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel both within the UK and globally.
• Current CREST AND/OR CHECK Certified Tester.
• Programming skills and experience in one or more common web programming languages i.e. ASP, .NET, PHP, JAVA.
• Skills and experience in application, operating system, database management operation, development, or security.
• Exploit development or other in-depth vulnerability research experience
Candidates will ideally hold current UK Government Security Clearance. If not, you must be eligible and willing to undergo the clearance process. If you are serious about taking your career to its pinnacle and would like to join a globally recognised market leader about to embark on a major expansion of its penetration testing practice, please forward CV details for immediate consideration!
Salary: £70,000 – £90,000 + Excellent Benefits
Location: London/Surrey + Travel Tenure: Permanent