Desktop Support Engineer
- Information Technology
- JN -122018-945
- Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Job DescriptionOur client is a Global IT Services organization with an impressive customer portfolio featuring numerous Fortune 500 companies and big-name brands. To support a large client engagement and deployment project, Human Capital Ventures is acting as their preferred partner in the recruitment of a number of Desktop Support Engineers on an initial 3-month basis.
As Desktop Support Engineer you will provide onsite Level 1 & 2 support, maintaining continuity of service for all Desktop devices (hardware, software and connectivity) for the customer and resolve any technical issues which may occur within agreed contractual service levels.
- Respond to allocated customer incidents (hardware, software and connectivity) and service requests and manage through to a successful resolution within agreed service levels.
- Deliver IMAC and desk-side support services to the customer in line with agreed project timescales and service levels
- Deliver hard and soft break-fix services for laptops and desktops across the customer site portfolio
- Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on Desktop Devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of Desktop Devices using appropriate tools).
- Support, manage and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
- Identify and obtain from the vendor any spares required to respond to incidents and ensure that the customer is kept informed of any resulting delays.
- Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements.
- Ensure that each Desktop Device is installed with the appropriate Desktop image
- Provide VIP support for Desk side issues
- Maintain a high level of communication at all times with the customer, colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Service Desk so that progress against each incident can be updated as required.
- Minimum:1-3 years’ experience in onsite support for role holder to perform fully and effectively in the role.
- Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop software (Windows XP/7/8/OS) are a requirement
- Previous experience with Service Management Tool – Service Now
- Expertise on EUC tools, remote support tools, MS Office and Outlook
- Awareness of the ITIL process of Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and related activities such as spare and buffer stock management.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and reading) in English to ensure tickets can be understood and responded to within agreed service levels
- Knowledge of AD, Networking and smart hands and feet support.
Rate: $20.00 per hour (W2 Model)
Locations: Lexington, MA/Exton, PA/Bannockburn, IL