- Information Technology
- £40000.00 - £45000.00
- JN -032019-973
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Great Benefits
Job DescriptionOur client is a Global Technology Company part of a conglomerate with revenues in excess of $6 billion, and a customer base of over 40,000, with a Market Leading Product which manages 500,000 assets on daily basis.
Human Capital Ventures is proud to be acting as a preferred partner to our Client in the recruitment of a talented Software Developer to work as an integral part of their Agile Software Delivery Team, tasked with delivering full lifecycle development activities to their innovative software product portfolio. The position is to be based from their plush offices located on an established business park just outside Central Milton Keynes, boasting free staff parking, innovative facilities and local amenities.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working with full-stack Microsoft development environment; including an MVC .NET web application, a rich-client web-application built using angular and bootstrap framework; SOAP and Restful interfaces; a core C# server code-base and a MS SQL Server database and AWS Cloud.
As a member of an Agile Scrum team, the successful candidate will take on tasks as necessary in coding, testing, requirements gathering, design, delivery and support of new and existing features and applications. The successful candidate will also participate in Sprint Planning, Scrums, Reviews and Retrospectives. As part of an Agile team, activities may include demonstrating features to stakeholders; negotiating with the Product Owner, estimating User Stories etc.
As the platform migrates to the cloud and launches in worldwide markets the successful candidate will also help develop a robust test and automation process to facilitate automatic deployment to the cloud regions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and will have some exposure to the latest tools for code deployment and testing.
- Design, implementation, testing and maintenance of high-quality software.Full participation in and adherence to the Agile Scrum process.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
- Use of Business Systems processes for Lean Software Development, Problem Solving Process, Daily Management, Kaizans
- Measure the performance of the system daily to ensure SLAs are met.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within the team and to business stakeholders
- Commit to product quality, particularly by means of code reviews, implementation of unit tests and QA test execution where required.
- Ideally Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, numerate or IT discipline
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience - developing the enterprise .Net web-based applications
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident, enthusiastic and able to demonstrate initiative and an ability to adapt to change.
- A team player willing to promote high standards that enable the team to deliver excellence to the customer.
- Proven skills in .NET Development.
- Object-oriented programming skills in C#.
- Good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and data modelling processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills – with the ability to carefully analyse and drive to root cause.
- Experience of SOAP, Restful, XML, JSON
- Experience of developing in an Agile process.
- Experience in AWS Cloud technologies
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Great Benefits