Desktop Support Manager
- Information Technology
- £50000.00 - £60000.00
- JN -012019-959
- Bristol, Gloucestershire, UK
- Car Allowance, Bonus Scheme, Healthcare + Much More!
Job DescriptionOur client is a Fortune 500 Professional Services Organisation with over 65,000 employees spanning 500 office locations globally, with annual revenues in excess of $15billion. Due to recent business mergers and acquisitions, our client looking to recruit for a Regional Desktop Support Manager to manage all Desktop Services throughout the South-West of England.
Human Capital Ventures is acting as a preferred supplier in the recruitment of a Desktop Support Manager based from our client’s offices near Bristol, Gloucestershire. As the Desktop Support Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all onsite technical support across our client’s office network throughout the South-West of England, traveling regularly to offices to participate in local office leadership meetings, and ensuring Desktop Support Engineers are responding to incidents within SLA.
- Act as the Regional Manager for Onsite Technical Services within the assigned geographic market (Bristol, Gloucester, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, and Wiltshire.)
- Manage support for all office infrastructure technologies across all tiers within agreed timeframes, or SLAs.
- Ensures staff follows operational guidelines, principles, and processes as described by Senior Management.
- Attend regular Town Hall/RAG Status Meetings with other Technology Infrastructure Managers.
- Collaborate with peers and Senior Managers to define, enhance, and adhere to defined processes for all operational tasks.
- Manages relationships with vendors and third-party service providers.
- Ensures the installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Desktop Technology hardware/software is completed by the team according to SLAs.
- Ensure Technical Team responds to incidents; within SLA or within a timely manner, with an appropriate level of urgency, and follows up with customers on all issues.
- Oversee, coordinate and drive forward proposed IT Projects from the business throughout your assigned regional market (Deployments, Integrations/Acquisitions, Migrations) etc.
- Conduct regular team meetings and ensures that information is shared appropriately within the team. Champion Team Leadership by conducting regular 1:1’s, performance and appraisal reviews
- Help produce and manage budget within a geographic market; accounts for delivering favorable budget results.
- Use corporate Incident Management System (typically CAServiceDesk/ServiceNow) to record and track all support work.
- 5+ Years’ experience with IT Management; preferably leading a 2nd Line/Desktop Support function.
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes, ideally possesses an ITIL Foundation Accreditation.
- Natural interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with an excellent leadership mentality
- Prior experience working within the Financial Services Sector would be advantageous, but not required
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the South-West of England
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Benefits: Car Allowance, Bonus Scheme, Private Healthcare, 26 days’ annual leave + Much more!
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
Location: (near) Bristol, Gloucestershire