Lead Cloud (Azure) Architect
- Information Technology
- £550.00 - £650.00
- JN -112018-936
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK
- 6-12 month initial contract
Job DescriptionOur client is a Milton Keynes based FTSE 250 eCommerce Business whose award-winning digital channels generate revenues in excess of £750,000 per hour during peak hours.
Human Capital Ventures is acting as their preferred partner in the recruitment of a Lead Cloud (Azure) Solutions Architect; responsible for the continued evolution and transition of our client’s software platforms into Microsoft Azure Cloud, leveraging Microsoft full stack technologies.
- Own the lifecycle management of all applications across the enterprise, creating, implementing and managing a formal framework ensuring applications are supportable, extensible, maintained, upgraded, succeeded and decommissioned over their lifetime.
- Work across the portfolio of solutions identifying the synergies and dependencies of the solutions.
- Define the principles to be used across the solution teams to ensure synergy across the enterprise landscape.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with a unique perspective, a coach who can promote architecture knowledge and skills within the team, and a guide who can help the solution architects make the best decisions.
- Be responsible for the direction and adoption of the appropriate: frameworks, standards, libraries and approach, in the translation of architecture into working code or integrations; and to keep these up-to-date.
- To take a lead role in the full life cycle delivery of the technical solutions for Business projects from initial concept, requirements gathering, specification, design, delivery, acceptance and into operational support.
- Working closely with the Software & Infrastructure Architect understand and support the software solutions architecture design and all those involved in developing the solutions.
- Ensure all applications adhere to all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements including PCI & GDPR.
- Focus on the use of architectural patterns and reusable artifacts in the development configuration and deployment of an application
- 5+ years’ experience Architecting Enterprise Cloud Solutions (Ideally on Azure)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Full Stack Development Technology (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SOLID)
- Knowledge of Dev/Ops and working closely with Software Delivery Functions
- 3 years+ experience within software solution architecture, with a background of hands-on development
- First-class interpersonal and communication skills
- A working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery strategies.
Tenure: 6-12 months contract (initially)
Rate: £550 - £650 per day (dependant on experience)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire