Senior IT Security Operations Engineer
- Information Technology
- £65000.00 - £80000.00
- JN -092017-805
- London, London - Inner, UK
- Company Car + Bonus
Job DescriptionHuman Capital Ventures is acting as a preferred supplier for a Fortune 250 Professional Services Organisation, with over 50,000 employees worldwide in the recruitment of a Senior IT Security Operations Engineer.
Located from our clients Security Operations Centre in Central London, you will be responsible for monitoring, analysing and maintaining security network infrastructure, as well as responding to security incidents and change requests.
- Managing firewall infrastructure, including change and incident/fault management, configuration and code management and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Management of Web Proxy including Change and Incident/Fault management.
- Management of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems including fault management and signature tuning.
- Development and documentation of SOC Engineer activities and workflows
- Perform detailed analysis of security logs to identify events, incidents and resolution.
- Will establish strong working relationship with security vendors and internal peers to continually improve SOC operations capabilities.
- Observe activity and manage security infrastructure to reduce vulnerability footprint including version code review, patching and policy lifecycle.
- Expert Level knowledge of firewall, IDS/IPS and Web proxy technologies and management.
- 5-10 years of Security Engineering experience working in global, complex environment
- Experience in developing and deploying critical security architecture solutions such as SEIM, DLP, and Host security solutions.
- Hands-on experience with APT/DPI technology such as FireEye.
- Possess a comprehensive understand a variety of network protocols including:
- TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, ATM, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, SSL, VPN, RDP, HTTP and HTTPS
- Ability to provide support off-hours as CIRT activity requires.
- Strong understanding of data privacy and information security principles.
- Able to utilize network sniffer tools to perform packet analysis.
- Good customer service & soft skills
Salary: <£80,000 per annum + Circa £6k Car Allowance + 15% Bonus
Locations: Central London, UK