Senior IT Security Operations Engineer
- Information Technology
- JN -092017-805
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK
Job DescriptionSenior IT Security Operations Engineer
Human Capital Ventures is acting as a preferred supplier for a Fortune 250 Professional Services Organisation, with over 50,000 employees worldwide in the recruitment of a Senior IT Security Operations Engineer.
Located from either our client’s IT Operations Centre in Milton Keynes, London or alternatively Liverpool/Exeter, you will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and maintaining security network infrastructure, as well as responding to security incidents and change requests.
- Managing firewall infrastructure, including change and incident/fault management, configuration and code management and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Management of Web Proxy including Change and Incident/Fault management.
- Management of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems including fault management and signature tuning.
- Development and documentation of SOC Engineer activities and workflows
- Perform detailed analysis of security logs to identify events, incidents and resolution.
- Will establish strong working relationship with security vendors and internal peers to continually improve SOC operations capabilities.
- Observe activity and manage security infrastructure to reduce vulnerability footprint including version code review, patching and policy lifecycle.
- Expert Level knowledge of firewall, IDS/IPS and Web proxy technologies and management.
- 5-10 years of Security Engineering experience working in global, complex environment
- Experience in developing and deploying critical security architecture solutions such as SEIM, DLP, and Host security solutions.
- Hands-on experience with APT/DPI technology such as FireEye.
- Possess a comprehensive understand a variety of network protocols including:
- TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, ATM, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, SSL, VPN, RDP, HTTP and HTTPS
- Ability to provide support off-hours as CIRT activity requires.
- Strong understanding of data privacy and information security principles.
- Able to utilize network sniffer tools to perform packet analysis.
- Good customer service & soft skills
Salary: <£80,000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus
Locations: Milton Keynes OR London OR Exeter OR Liverpool