Senior IT Audit Associate
- Accounting & Finance
- $60000.00 - $80000.00
- JN -092017-802
- Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Job DescriptionHuman Capital Ventures are recruiting on behalf of a leading professional services firm that has been in business for over 40 years. The Company works closely with the financial and technology industries and offer a full range of accounting and consulting services. As a Senior IT Audit Associate, you will work with client facing teams along with partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls as well as working directly with clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns throughout the engagement lifecycle and assess the performance of staff for engagement reviews.
• Evaluate and test business processes, related controls and identify areas of risk.
• Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
• Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related control risks and issues.
• Perform general computer and application control reviews in accordance with established methodologies including the FFIEC.
• Develop and review Service Organization Control (SOC) controls and testing in compliance with SSAE 18 SOC1 and SOC 2 guidance. Complete IT SOX 404 controls testing from an internal and external perspective.
• Work with financial audit teams (internal and/or external) to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit and review process.
• Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and interpersonal characteristics
• Minimum of 2-3 years of Professional Services experience in the areas of IT audit, IT controls assessment, and/or Sox 404 evaluation and testing
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems is preferred
• Experience supervising staff
• Experience under AICPA, and PCAOB audit standards preferred
• Ability to drive and travel
• CPA, CISA, CISSP, or equivalent preferred
This will require around 50% domestic travel typically consisting of a couple of days in the week throughout the state and occasional travel to West coast with the ability to work remotely when not on assignment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing accounting and advisory firm in the southeast.
Location: Atlanta, GA area
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Negotiable on Experience
Benefits: Health/Dental insurance, 401k, 4 weeks PTO, partial remote, 5% Annual profit sharing