Compliance Business Partner
- Banking & Financial Services
- £35000.00 - £45000.00
- JN -082018-911
- Worcester, Worcestershire, UK
- Bonus, Car Allowance & More!
Job DescriptionHuman Capital Ventures is acting as a preferred recruitment partner to an Industry Leader in Insurance, Risk Management and Advisory Services in the recruitment of a Compliance Business Partner.
As Compliance Business Partner you will drive compliance-related activities and best practice throughout the organisation able to understand, interpret and communicate regulatory initiatives, work efficiently without direct supervision, build constructive relationships and not be afraid to challenge unethical behaviour at any level within the Company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support across the following disciplines:
Regulatory & FCA-Specific Matters
- In collaboration with the Head of Compliance, act as a liaison for all compliance-related communications with Managing Director(s).
- Help prepare for regulatory visits (e.g. deep dives, thematic reviews, proactive engagement meetings), Compliance Monitoring reviews and Internal Audits.
- Attend where necessary business executive/ leadership governance meetings (including Executive committees of Managing & Regional Directors); identify and share professional and regulatory risks to the business and work with the business to enhance controls.
- To support the business by ensuring that day to day queries on regulatory, process or technical issues are investigated and answered appropriately.
- Promote an open line of communication between Compliance and the business to provide the business with updates on current Compliance initiatives and projects and vice versa.
- Maintain awareness of business structures and activities; including intercompany relationships/dependencies; understanding business dynamics, strategies and needs.
- Be a stakeholder on key initiatives to help the business succeed in a compliant manner.
- Regularly meet with other control and support functions to discuss key issues/ trends/ ways to collaborate to enhance the control framework.
- Provide input to the development of compliance policies for the wider business and associated operating companies.
- Oversee the communication of these central compliance standards, policies, and procedures; ensuring that these are positioned so that they can work effectively within the business.
- Partner with the business leadership to find effective and efficient methods of simplifying and embedding compliance in their business processes.
- Communicate and oversee compliance standards for the management of suspected incidents of non-compliance and ensure that escalation standards are followed regarding the reporting of incidents of non-compliance to the Compliance Director.
- Prior experience working within a similar Compliance position ideally in Financial Services, Insurance or other regulated industry.
- Ideally knowledge of FCA regulation and compliance requirements
- Experience supporting a business through Audits and implementing compliance initiatives
- Excellent Communication and Stakeholder Management skills
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Benefits: Annual Bonus, Company Car Allowance (£4000), 26 days' Holiday, Private Medical, Great Pension & More!