Desktop Support Engineer
- Information Technology
- £100.00 - £120.00
- JN -082018-910
- Pontypool, West Wales, UK
Job DescriptionDesktop Support Engineer
Human Capital Ventures is recruiting on behalf of a Leading IT Services organisation for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide general deskside support, break/fix, IMACS and system administration to the users of their blue-chip customer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Respond to all customer incidents (hardware, software and connectivity) and service requests and manage through to a successful resolution within agreed Service Levels.
- Deliver IMAC and desk side support services to the customer in line with agreed project timescales and Service Levels.
- Delivery hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops across the customer site portfolio.
- Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on Desktop Devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of Desktop Devices using appropriate tools)
- Support, manage, optimize and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
- Identify and obtain from the vendor any spares required to respond to incidents and ensure that the customer is kept informed of any resulting delays.
- Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements.
- Ensure that each Desktop Device is installed with the appropriate Desktop image.
- Provide VIP support for Desk side issues
- Maintain a high level of communication at all time with the customer, colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required.
- Minimum 2 -4 years' experience in onsite IT support
- Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop software (Windows XP/7/8/10/OS)
- Previous experience with a Service Management Tool – ServiceNow
- Expertise on EUC tools, remote support tools, MS Office and Outlook
- Awareness of the ITIL process of Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and related activities such as spare and buffer stock management
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and reading) in English to ensure tickets can be understood and responded to within agreed service levels
Location: Pontypool, Monmouthshire, South Wales
Rate: £100 - £120.00 per day (Limited/Umbrella)
Term: 4 Month Contract