L2 Desktop Support (Windows & Mac)
- Information Technology
- $18.00 - $20.00
- JN -072017-783
- New York, New York, USA
- On Going Contract
Job DescriptionHuman Capital Ventures is currently staffing on behalf of a leading IT services organization with a client in the publishing industry for a level 2 desktop support engineer. This position is to provide support on Client operating platforms, (both Windows & Mac) this position is responsible for desktop/end user technologies, collaboration tools, and mobile technologies and printing, this includes the laptop/mobile devices all, video conferencing, network /remote access this position works collaboratively with the Service Desk for end user break/fix and other support functions.
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years’ experience providing technical support in a fast paced and constantly changing environment up to executive management level.
- Windows and Mac OS Platform System Administration
- Experience supporting HP and Xerox printers including windows 2003/2008/2010 print servers
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including providing VIP support
- Experience supporting large Windows-based environments to desktop level with emphasis on Win 7 OS / office 2010 as well as Win 8 and O365
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Support of End point for video conferencing units.
- Support of mobile devices
- Support of WebEx, Lync
- Support of Outlook
- Provide problem resolution for referred incidents from the Service Desk.
- Ensure SLA targets are met at all times and collaboratively work with service desk to insure total users experience is high
- Ensure all changes to Production systems are planned and approved in accordance with the Change Management process
- Work with the management teams to ensure all platform documentation is kept up to date at all times.
- Display proactive interest in keeping the client running efficiently for the lowest cost
- Productive working atmosphere within the team, role model excellent personal standards
- Proactively monitor the IT support provided, looking for potential issues and highlighting them as appropriate.
- Work with the Service Management team to identify and resolve problems in the infrastructure to reduce the occurrence of incidents/faults
- Assist in key IT and business projects; ensure that all projects are planned and implemented in line with standards and policies
- Work with the different teams to ensure we are delivering solutions in support of making our customer lives easier
This is a fantastic position on a long-term contract basis support the business-critical system of a globally recognized organization located right in the heart of the Island of New York
Hours: 9.00am – 6.00pm Monday – Friday
Term: Ongoing Contract
Rate: Negotiable on Experience
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Next 7 Days