Desktop Services Manager
- Information Technology
- £55000.00 - £65000.00
- JN -042018-882
- Central London, London - Inner, UK
- Car Allowance, Bonus, Private Healthcare
Job DescriptionHuman Capital Ventures is acting as a Preferred Recruitment Partner to Global Professional Services Business with over 60,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues in excess of £13 billion in the recruitment of an Desktop/EUC Services Manager to provide leadership to their technical resources throughout their regional offices located from their plush Headquarters in Central London, UK.
As an integral part of our clients Shared Services IT Function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team.
- Meets with Operating Companies’ leadership on a regular basis, and reports to senior on-site manager.
- Participates in local office Leadership meetings as appropriate.
- Provides expert advice and consultation to colleagues.
- Escalates strategic issues and requests through senior on-site manager
- Manages Field Support operations through internal staff and external vendor support groups, within assigned geographic market.
- Manages support for all office infrastructure technologies across all tiers within agreed timeframes, or SLAs.
- Ensures staff follows operational guidelines, principles, and processes as described by Senior Management.
- Collaborates with peers and Senior Managers to define, enhance, and adhere to defined processes for all operational tasks.
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, IT/operating company policies and best practices within IT industry standards.
- Manages relationships with vendors and third-party service providers.
- Ensures the installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Desktop Technology hardware/software is completed by the team according to SLAs.
- Escalates incidents and questions to appropriate support groups.
- Provides input improving processes and maintaining standards.
- Manages activities of outsourced staff (as applicable) and follows up on service issues.
- Determines appropriate hardware/software based on corporate policy and end user requirements.
- Ensures Technical Team responds to incidents; within SLA or within a timely manner, with appropriate level of urgency, and follows up with customers on all issues.
- Directly participates or assists senior on-site manager in approved IT projects.
- Coordinates local “projects” such as moves, acquisitions etc.
- Conducts regular team meetings and ensures that information is shared appropriately within the team.
- Provides, coaching and mentoring to subordinates.
- Performs staff performance and salary reviews.
- Helps produce and manage budget within a geographic market; accounts for delivering favourable budget results.
- Uses corporate Incident Management system to record and track all support work.
- Maintains accurate hardware and software records for Corporate Assets.
- Performs time tracking tasks as required.
- Assists the procurement of hardware and software.
- Supports team’s abilities and functions.
Location: Central London, UK
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Benefits: Car Allowance (£5600) + Annual Bonus (Circa 15% payout) + Great Benefits